Sunday, November 11, 2012

Don't You Know That if a Time Warp Was Open, I'd Stay Right in My Place

Several days ago on Twitter, I asked everyone if they could choose a place, real or imagined, and live there, where it would be.  I was met with an overwhelming number of responses that continued throughout the day and I felt so inspired by everyone's differing opinions that I decided to compile a list of my own fictional places I would love to move to.  The truth is that given the opportunity to move, I would choose to stay where I am, but it's still fun to daydream!  I would create a list of real places too, but as New York is the only real place I would like to live in, the list would be quite short.  I'm sure no one will find it surprising that two of the five places I chose are fictional version of New York =^.^=



Sugar Rush - Sugar Rush is one of the newest imaginary places that I fell in love with while seeing Wreck-It Ralph last weekend.  This simulated land is the setting for a video game and it was built completely out of sweets.  Everyone who resides in Sugar Rush is a type of candy, or they incorporate candy into their signature looks (ie Vanellope's sweet hair accessories).  Sugar Rush is like Candyland, only more pink, and ruled as a democracy.


Fabletown -  Fabletown is the first alternate NYC that I would like to reside in.  But just to be clear, I would be a Fable and not a mundy.  More specifically, I would probably be Cinderella, better known to the Fables as Cindy.  I would wander around Bullfinch street, have an even vaster shoe collection than I have now, and venture out into the real New York City anytime my heart desired.  And I'd get to go on secret missions for Bigby!  (I couldn't find a great image of Fabletown, so the image above is one of my favorite Fables covers for issue #118) 



Hogwarts - Hogwarts is a gorgeous castle with an enormous library burgeoning with tons of magical books that I have yet to read.  I'd love to spend hours reading Hogwarts, A History while drinking a frosty butterbeer in the common room, or strolling around the castle until whatever mischief I would inevitably get myself into is managed.  Plus, the Great Hall is charming during Halloween and Christmas<3


Star Wars Universe - In my mind, this could only be the perfect scenario: Traveling through the galaxy with C3PO and R2D2 accompanying Han Solo and I on the Millennium Falcon (my favorite spacecraft)!  We'd stop on the Death Star and have run-ins with Vader and some Stormtroopers and everything would be stellar.  Knowing me, I would have lightsaber fights galore (mine would be purple like Mara Jade's).  The force is strong with my love of Star Wars and space.  


Superhero Inhabited NYC - If my city was inhabited with superheroes my dreams would be a reality.  In a world where Spider-Man, Batman, the Fantastic Four, and Dick Grayson could be seen at a any moment walking through NYC, I would be an even happier girl.  I would be best friends with Stephanie Brown, and I would definitely be there to fill the Gwen Stacy sized void in Spider-Man's heart.  There would also be so many other heroes visiting their NY friends all of the time and I'd be surrounded by everything I love most.  The only downside would be the many villains the city would attract, but something tells me there would be enough good guys to prevail that it wouldn't be a major issue.  

No comments:

Post a Comment